Cancellations and Refunds Policy for Customers
The below wording sets out the cancellations and refunds policy that form part of FIXR’s terms and conditions of service for customers (the “Terms”).
Definitions used in this policy shall have the same meaning as set out in the Terms.
In using FIXR, Customers will be deemed to comply with the Terms and expected to operate in accordance with these.
This policy is effective as at 7 October 2019.
Can I cancel a ticket purchase?
Due to the nature of the service we provide, whereby tickets are often purchased shortly before an Event commences, it is not possible for you to cancel ticket purchases. Please therefore ensure you can attend the Event you are purchasing tickets for, as we cannot offer you a refund if you are unable to attend.
What happens if an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled?
Prior to an Event commencing, if an Event is cancelled, or there is a material change to the nature of the Event in question, we will look to refund the cost of tickets purchased (including booking fees) directly to the bank account you used to buy the tickets, unless we have already paid an Event Organiser the proceeds from the sale of your ticket(s), in which case we shall notify you of this, and you will either need to claim a refund from the Event Organiser directly, or we may work with the Event Organiser to help them process refunds.
A “material change” means a significant change, which in our reasonable opinion, means the Event in question is fundamentally different to that which a purchaser of a ticket would, acting reasonably, have expected. A change in DJs or failure of DJs or performers to attend an Event does not constitute a material change.
If an Event is re-scheduled, and you cannot attend the re-scheduled Event, again, we will look to refund the cost of tickets purchased (including booking fees) directly to the bank account you used to buy the tickets, unless we have already paid an Event Organiser the proceeds from the sale of your ticket(s), in which case we shall notify you of this, and you will need to claim a refund from the Event Organiser directly. Please note, if you cannot attend a re-scheduled Event, you must notify us of this fact within 72 hours of the date of the re-scheduled Event being announced to qualify for a refund.
Where an outdoor Event is cancelled or re-scheduled because of the weather, we shall not be liable to pay a refund, but you may still be eligible for a refund direct from the Event Organiser according to the terms and conditions of the Event applicable to your ticket purchase. Should the Event Organiser choose to offer refunds, we may work with the Event Organiser to help them process these.
When you are entitled to a refund
We will look to refund the cost of tickets purchased where:
1. An Event is cancelled or re-scheduled and the circumstances described in the above section entitled “What happens if an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled?” apply.
2. It is demonstrated that you have paid too much for your tickets. Where this is the case, we will refund you the difference between the price paid and the correct face value of the tickets, plus any related reduction in booking fees based on the correct price of the tickets
3. In the case of non-ticket related purchases, for example, merchandise or other physical products, where the wrong product or incorrect size has been delivered due to error on our part. In this instance, we will contact you to arrange for the return of unwanted products.
4. Where an Event Organiser has allowed refunds via our Platform and gives us authority to make these.
5. Where it can be established that an unwanted purchase was made because of technical error on our part.
6. In other cases, at our discretion.
Receipt of refunds
We will pay any refunds as soon as possible. Please allow up to 5 (five) working days for a refund to appear in your bank account. The refunded amount will include any booking fee paid, unless we advise you otherwise. In certain cases, an administrative charge may apply to refunded rickets.
When you are not entitled to a refund
1. If you fail to turn up for an Event, turn up after the time specified in the terms and conditions of entry or turn up on the wrong date.
2. Where an Event Organiser dis-allows refunds via our Platform. This policy is set at the discretion of Event Organisers and in this situation, you are not entitled to a refund of your purchase. However, if a refund request falls under one of the situations described in the section “When you are entitled to a refund from FIXR” above, we would seek to work the Event Organiser to allow the refund to be processed.
3. If you are refused entry to an Event because you do not comply with the terms and conditions of entry or you are refused entry by an Event Organiser at their discretion. If you fail to provide valid identification or are deemed to be intoxicated, you are likely to be refused entry by an Event Organiser and refunds will not be processed in these cases.
4. If there is a change to an Event and this does not constitute a “material change” (see the above section entitled “What happens if an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled”?).
5. If an Event is re-scheduled and you do not notify us that you cannot attend the re-scheduled Event within the prescribed time limit.
6. If an Event Organiser has over-sold tickets. In this case, you should any raise any complaint or claim for a refund with the Event Organiser directly.
7. After the Event has commenced. Once the Event has commenced, any complaints, disputes or claims for a refund should be taken up with the Event Organiser directly.
8. Where an unwanted purchase was made by you, but not because of technical error on our part.
Is there a charge for refunds?
In the majority of cases there is no charge when we process a refund. However, in certain cases, (for example, if you can no longer attend an event and the event organiser has allowed a refund) we may retain the booking / service fee paid by you to cover the cost of the refund. A charge will not apply where an event has been cancelled or the refund is required due to a technical error on our part.
For refund enquiries, please contact us.
Note: once an Event has commenced and after the Event, any complaints, disputes or claims for a refund you may have relating to that Event must first be taken up with the Event Organiser directly.