Senior Python Engineer (Backend)London
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to join our team and help us execute our ambitious 2021 roadmap. Reporting into the Chief Technical Officer, this is a key position within the business as the company enters a critical growth phase. You will be joining at an exciting time as we scale up the team and perform a major overhaul to our current product portfolio.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced developer who is familiar with our tech stack and work environment and who can hit the ground running. You would be working alongside two other backend developers within a fast paced, agile environment, where everyone’s voice is heard. We are looking for individuals with a passion and desire to make an impact within our industry.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Building upon our existing API to support the development of new features.
- Assisting with the technical specification and architecture of new features.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure a smooth development pipeline.
- Working closely with the Product Manager to set realistic timelines.
- Helping with feature planning and exploration by providing technical input to the Product/Design teams.
The following is required:
- Experience working with Django to develop a web platform.
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment within an agile team.
- Knowledge of Postgres.
- Experience architecting features from conception to release.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development.
The ideal candidate would also:
- Have experience or an interest developing SaaS or Marketplace technologies.
- Have exposure to devops and deployment.