We are looking for a commercially minded and experienced Finance Director to take day-to-day responsibility for our finance function and provide strategic financial planning and analysis. Reporting to the CEO, this is a key position within the business as the company enters a critical growth-phase.
The ideal candidate will have qualified as an accountant at a top-tier accountancy firm, spent 4+ years in a corporate finance advisory function either at an investment bank or financial services firm.
We are looking for someone who is keen to join a fast-moving, entrepreneurial business and has ambitions to become CFO in due course.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have both the required accounting and corporate finance experience.
What you'll be responsible for
- Strategic financial and data analysis to help guide decision making.
- The company’s budget and cash flow projections.
- Preparing financial reports including cash reconciliations, snapshots, management accounts, VAT and CT returns.
- Overseeing the production of annual accounts and R&D reports in conjunction with the company's accountants.
- General book-keeping and financial control, ensuring the business stays on top of cash-flow and working capital.
- Working with the company's accountants to ensure tax optimisation and compliance.
What we are looking for
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA from a top-tier firm or MBA which demonstrates detailed accounting knowledge.
- At least 4 years’ corporate finance experience at an investment bank or financial services firm.
- Expert financial modelling and presentation skills.
- Proficient user of finance software; preferably Xero.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment.
Why join us
- Competitive Salary with discretionary bonus.
- Holiday Perks. Claim a bonus holiday for every year you are with us, plus extra time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible Hours. Manage your hours in a way that suits you.
- Professional Autonomy. Build a career around what you believe in.
- Inclusive Culture. Fun and dynamic with regular socials.